A range of services for your unique needs.
As demand for clean energy options grows, so do performance expectations. Our range of services ensures the energy from our smart power plants is delivered in all the ways people need it.
Our Core Services
Avantus services support the unique needs and opportunities of our customers.
Wholesale Market Optimization
Our expertise in wholesale power market operations and asset optimization ensures plants extract maximum value through the co-optimization of energy and capacity products, while managing offtake responsibilities or on-site utilization for energy intensive industries.
Optimization options include:
- Day-Ahead and Real-Time energy
- Ancillary services (reserve capacity)
- Offtake agreements and hedge obligations
- State-of-charge management for storage systems
- Behind-the-meter or on-site supply for energy intensive industries
- Wholesale power market participation vs. by-product of energy utilization
Clean generation technology is rapidly changing, as are its operational and maintenance needs. Avantus’ experienced Asset Management team is responsible for all dispatch, monitoring, O&M oversight, and performance engineering activities, as well as compliance and financial reporting.
Asset Management options include:
- Efficient plant dispatch
- Analytics-driven performance optimization
- Networked and dynamically managed assets
- Storage augmentation management
Avantus’ trading team hedges exposure to volatile wholesale power market pricing through standard and structured energy, capacity, congestion, and option products, and efficiently monetizes non-energy contract opportunities.
Energy trading options include:
- Physical and Financial Futures for Energy and Capacity
- Congestion Revenue Rights and Financial Transmission Rights
- Resource Adequacy in California ISO
- Renewable Energy Credits
Demand for clean energy solutions that meet a variety of needs continues to grow. Rather than the generation technology dictating the offtake structure, Avantus offers clean and renewable power offtake solutions designed to meet customer needs while respecting plant capabilities and wholesale market dynamics.
Offtake opportunities include:
- Power purchase agreements with various tenors
- Shaped power supply (e.g., Baseload, peaking, custom shape)
- Serving multiple offtakers from a single plant
- Serving a single customer demand from multiple plants (i.e., Virtual Power Plant)
Innovative Financing Structures
Investors are seeking to understand the changing market dynamics and ensure efficient and optimal utilization of renewable and clean generation assets. Avantus offers innovative ways to invest in renewable and clean energy projects providing options for different investment strategies and risk appetite.
Financing Structure options include:
- Green Bonds
- Energy-backed securities
- Investment opportunities in development-stage and operating projects
Relentless pursuit of better™
Avantus industry-leading services are made possible by a comprehensive approach to energy
Proprietary plant designs
Our proprietary products are designed for a wide range of use cases and can be tailored to specific customer or market needs.
Our world-class asset management, development and engineering teams work side-by-side to ensure our plants maximize value when operating.
Dynamically managed network
Our pipeline includes the largest number of smart power plants in the U.S., enabling us to build a massive network of intelligent and coordinated clean energy plants.