Tips For Faster Delivery of Your IRS 4506-T Forms
In order to expedite your request in a timely fashion we are requesting that you follow these guidelines so that your tax return verification request is not rejected by the IRS for errors. All 4506-T information must match IRS records in order to be approved. The most common errors are listed below:
- Line 1a: Enter the primary taxpayer name as it appears on the original tax return for the year you are requesting. (If a joint return, enter the name shown first on the tax return.)
- Line 3: Insert the Name and Address where taxpayer currently resides.
- Line 4: Enter the address as it appears on the tax return that is being requested on Line 9 (If it is different than the address on Line 3).
- Line 5: Must ALWAYS be filled with the following:
"Avantus 600 Saw Mill Road, West Haven CT 06516 (800)243-0120 ID=AvantusTRV"
- Line 6: Enter only ONE form number per 4506T submitted: "W-2" or "1099" or "5498"
- Line 6, Parts (a)(b)(c): Check the appropriate box that applies to your form request.
- Line 9: Special Instructions for Business Transcripts (1065 or 1120):
Business tax information is reported quarterly, and should be requested using quarterly dates on Line 9. For example, if you need all reporting periods for a given year, you would need to indicate each period on Line 9 (ie. 1/31/2013, 3/31/2013, 6/30/2013, 12/31/2013). Entering just the year on Line 9 will only return a transcript for the last quarter of that year.
Finally, be sure to submit all requests in a "Portrait" print layout, as the "Landscape" layout will be rejected.
If you would like more information about our new IRS Direct Tax Return Verification Service, give us a call at 800.243.0120. We look forward to hearing from you.